Self-love journal prompts are my favourite kind to use. The words flow onto the paper when I’m using them. Journaling as a whole has helped me in ways that you can’t possibly imagine. It’s as simple as putting pen to paper, but it really does go a long way. A lot of you may have thought about starting a journal. Am I right? But, you have no idea what to write about and where to start.
Well, that’s what’s great about a journal. You can write about literally anything—your thoughts, emotions, something that happened to you that day, and more. I do understand at; first, it’s difficult to start writing and get into a flow. That’s where journal prompts come in.
What is a self-love journal prompt?
According to Penzu, “A journal prompt is a simple statement designed to inspire you or offer you an idea of what to write about.” You can find journal prompts on a wide variety of topics. They are just questions which you have to write down your answers for. Simple as that. You can write a whole page for one answer or one line. It’s your journal, your mind; the page is your oyster.
Personally, I use my journal to help with my mental health, so I absolutely love Self Discovery, Personal Development, and especially Self-Love journal prompts. That is why I decided to share my favourite self-love journal prompts with you today and hopefully give you some ideas and inspire you to start writing.
Your Self-Love Journal Prompts
- What are the 10 things you are good at?
- What are the 5 physical qualities you love about yourself?
- How would your best friend or significant other describe you?
- What are 5 things about your personality that you love?
- What makes you happiest right now?
- What traits in another person would you admire?
- What negative thoughts do you believe about yourself? (CROSS OR SCRIBBLE THEM OUT AFTERWARDS)
- Write down 3 things that you need to forgive yourself.
- What does your best or dream life look like?
- What are your favourite memories?
- What is your biggest and most fulfilling achievement to date?
- What is standing in the way of your daily self-love?
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What compliment would you most love to receive that you haven’t already?
- What have you done today to make you feel proud?
- What makes you unique?
- What are at least 10 things you love about yourself?
- Why do you deserve to feel loved by yourself and others?
- What would your younger self think of you now?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- What are the 3 goals you want to accomplish? Big or small.
- Write advice to yourself in the future.
- What are the 5 great habits you need to start?
- Write down 10 things that you are grateful for in your life.
- How can I practice self-care today?
- When and where do you feel most calm and at peace?
- Who do you look up to the most and why?
- What would you do if it was impossible to fail?
- What is one thing I can do today to improve myself quickly?
And that’s it until another day…
They are all very effective. It may not be easy at first, but the more you do it; eventually, you won’t be able to stop writing about all your amazing qualities. Sometimes our brains need a little push in the right direction, and journaling can do just that.
Can’t get enough of journaling? Don’t forget to grab your 101 Mindset Shift Journal Prompts for only £8 below!
Do you have a journal? What do you write about, and what are some of your favourite prompts? Let me know in the comments. I would love to learn more about you all.